Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Wardrobe Thoughts...








Lately I have been drawn to so many different trends it's quite astounding. I'm not usually one to follow the rules too closely, or walk too quietly. Subtly loud is probably about right where I stand I would think.
The balenciaga shoes that MK has on make me melt. For a while now I have been watching one of my muses Geri, from becauseimaddicted.blog wear the gorgeous Acne black wedge shoe, among other combat boot type heels and fallen a little deeper in love every time. I am certainly one for all over black however, I'm not sure if I walk the same path as the more unisex shoe trend that seems to be on my mind lately. Maybe I'm under the impression that a Lady's foot is delicate, and a delicious thin heel is the perfect offset to a defined calf a la Louboutin. (Thank goodness for the workout your legs get from a full night of dancing in heels!) I'm not sure what it is, but I do know that I plan on scoping out the version of those balenciagas by Sam Edelmen and seeing if the shoe and personality fit!
I'm super into a vintage Tee tucked into a skinny with faux costume jewellery and messy hair. For spring, a more sandy or tan coloured lace up shoe. Aldo had some great ones last summer (damn being a 7!) loosely based off of the Ann D. shoes the fashion Industry was having a serious affair with last year.
Lastly, the bottom pic is of four Vogue Interns. Could you tell? lol The breton stripes with a neon green. The Tye dye skirt with studded belt and combat boots (and probably a very girly top, possibly with cardigan) to throw in the unexpected. This, I love. The unexpected. That's what makes an outfit "so" good, that little bit of out of line. The twist in the plot, just when you think you've got it all figured out. I mean, isn't that what the most well dressed people in the world are famous for? Enough said.
PC:Etc.../Vogue Paris/fashionsquad/


No comments:

Post a Comment