Monday, August 2, 2010

[Thebriefestmoment]

It's been one quite long weekend
~
While my parents were off yachting with friends, my sister and I were walking the favored child of the house - our dog Bunni- and we actually got to talking about this exact topic. Funny how things seem to appear, or maybe we just take more notice when something is on the fore front o our minds.
We got to talking about the idea of relationships - in all senses of the word. How you can want someone to be in your life a certain way so badly, but they never will or do. How we can wish people in and out of our lives and make our own story line, but it never quite seems to be the way it goes.
Sometimes I wish we could see our lives kind of like the 90's movie Sliding Doors avec a young Gwyneth Paltrow. The film plays out as a parallel. One side playing on as if she had caught the subway. The other, as if she has missed it. And her life moved forward in two very different directions with one simple "changed" action.
My mother has always told us that your life can change in a day. People come into our lives and fall out of it sometimes, just as quickly as they came in. You never know who you are going to meet, re meet or bump into.
Instead of wishing I knew how my life would play out - something I do find myself obsessing over quite regularly- I am going to try to just enjoy the people I have in my life for even the briefest moment I have them. Although we may never know what part they will play in our life story, and ours in theirs, we can love them and be thankful for them while they bless us with their presence.
If only for a moment

No comments:

Post a Comment