Sunday, August 22, 2010

[Runningrightback.Forthelasttime]


I would peg myself as someone who "has heart"

But this time I feel every breath sucked out of me

He wouldn't even meet my eyes

I suppose I've always been the type of person who when they love, in any shape or form, loves deeply. And therefore, hurts deeply. Whether it be a lover or a friend, I don't take lightly to those who I love. I would venture to say that when I care about someone and really love them, my loyalty is fierce and falling out of this equation is not an easy feat for me.

We were thick as thieves. Everyone thought we had known each other since birth.

Nothing was ever left unsaid, I would warm my feet under his bum while we would watch TV and he never minded. He would laugh at me, and I at him. He had the kind of hug that surrounded your whole soul and you've never felt so safe. He was the only boy my mother allowed to sleep over in our house.

He was always, and still is, such a kind soul. Albeit now, a broken one.

I can't say I've been in his shoes, and wouldn't dare. And I guess if I really love him as much as I say I do, I'll have to love him enough to respect his decision to close that chapter of his life.

On all accounts, I do.

He has been an open wound on my heart for so long now. I could just never bring myself to close it, always having faith that one day he would come back.

But now, I know he can't. Not for lack of trying. He's just not there anymore



No comments:

Post a Comment