Wednesday, June 9, 2010

[MadtoLive]

Among other hilarious and soul binding reasons Miss Sydney Peck and I are friends, we seem to continually find ourselves drawn to the same things. While trying to sheild our eyes from other possible purchases on our way to the cash register at Winners (our vice - besides the one and only Chapters) We found ourselves drawn to all the little odds and ends, the "quick grabs" that line the wait to the register. Sydney pointed out, to my delight, that they set these up for people as stupid as us who need that one extra lipgloss - or in my case, european scented drawer liners... (Okay, actually writing that did sound ridiculous) But as I fired back to Syd "You can't take it with ya!" She, as good friends do, laughed and rolled her eyes. Obviously thinking "I don't think that's exactly what they meant when they coined that phrase".
Among other goodies we purchased, we came across those little magnets (yes, they carry them at chapters but for twice the price!) that have incredible quotes on them. Literally taking the words out of my mouth, Syd said "I really like thi..." just at the same moment noticing that we were reading and holding onto the same magnet.
Oh friendship..<3
(and yes, we both bought them*)


The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars...
-Jack Kerouac

No comments:

Post a Comment