Saturday, April 9, 2011

[HopeinaJar]


And I finally opened it

-Hope in a Jar by Philosophy-

You have been sitting by my bedside for months and I have yet to touch you.

Tonight we start our affair... Let's see if we get past the apparatif...<3

Another first this evening, opened a bottle of wine all by myself, all for myself.

It was just me myself and I this evening.

(and no I did not even finish half - This girl got recession smarts over here!)

-

Tonight, I believe I have made a big leap.

I am on my way to seriously accepting that, It's okay not to be 18 anymore.

It's okay to not get dressed up everynight, spend money on cabs and chasing guys who never call - or better yet (and actually most of the time) do call, and promise a never ending list of "false hope"

(and nothing as good as my Hope in a Jar - The critics rave about it - so excited!)

that us "hopeless romantics fall for

-Time and time again-

With the hope that one day our Mr. Big will walk in,

make us our dream closet, give us a big black diamond

and say

"Kid... It had to be you."

-

While I can't remove my hopeless romantic side, nor would I ever really want too,

I can choose not to "wait"

I can choose the only thing I have any power over,

Improving me.

Now that's an empowering thought, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment